Author Topic: VPN Disconnects every 3-5 Min Juniper Network connect 6.4  (Read 36270 times)

trueae77

• View Profile
VPN Disconnects every 3-5 Min Juniper Network connect 6.4
« on: December 04, 2009, 01:38:10 pm »
I view the log and see
 via 0x00000002 metric 1
00152,09 2009/12/02 13:34:36.042 3 SYSTEM dsNcService.exe dsNcService p1168 t510 session.cpp:469 - 'session' disconnecting from ive ***.***.***.** (Blocked out for security)with reason 1

We submitted a ticket and got back the answer that something is trying to add in a route to the routing table. There is no Itunes,Bonour or toolbar added to this machine, Its a Dell Laptop Windows XP, Wired Connection. User has a modem then D-link router. Uninstalled Client and reinstalled, With Out the router installed seemed to stay connected for 30-40min but then dropped(not sure if it was a internet bloop or real disconnect) Havn't tried with out router again to see if it goes that long. Check for Virus/Spyware can't seem to locate anything that would be trying to get access. Have over 500 machines with same basic config and works fine, this 1 machine not sure looking for help, Should work with the router regardless. Need some ideas or solutions, user has no friendds or faimily she could try to use there connection to test if works fine there.

trueae77

• View Profile
Re: VPN Disconnects every 3-5 Min Juniper Network connect 6.4
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 02:15:58 pm »
Also we do not support Split tunneling due to the security risk

trueae77

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 10:53:51 am »
Today we had  her unplug her router and go directly into her modem , and she stays on now for 5-25 min....instead of a almost constant 3-4 min before

trueae77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 10:30:11 am »
no updates, Juniper had me run another reporting tool to try and see what else could be running or installed conflicting.

paulcerv

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 02:25:11 pm »
Have you checked the user access log to see if his/her IP address is changing.  This is a common problem with flakey ISP connections. 

epjls

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 01:45:46 pm »
I am having the same problem on one of my users. He disconnects every few minutes - no bonjour. In the debuglog file I see "Unauthorized new route to 192.168.1.100..." Any ideas?

spacyfreak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 04:21:10 am »
On Split Tunneling, you use "Split tuneling with route change monitor"?`

I only use "connect to local subnet" and i dont have any issues in 6.4R3 with disconnects.

epjls

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 05:35:04 pm »
We have Split Tunneling disabled. I think there is some software on the users pc that is trying to connect to his home printer and does a route change. I'm searching for the software that might be causing the problem.

alan

• View Profile
    • paleale

epjls

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 01:21:41 pm »
Nope. We found bounjour about a year ago and have a host checker check for it. I have checked (and double-checked) the users pc and bonjour nor mDNSResponder are present. The route that gets built trys to build a route to his printer.

paulcerv

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 02:44:35 pm »
Route table changes will disconnect Juniper.  Have you tried removing the software?

epjls

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 04:21:33 pm »
I know it is the route change that is doing the disconnect. My problem is I can't identify the software that is trying to contact the printer. I am looking thru winaudit files but the user is remote so it is difficult to see it first hand.

alan

• View Profile
    • paleale
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 09:05:28 pm »
Wireshark (http://www.wireshark.org/) is your friend. Or tcpdump on the IVE.

alter_me

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 09:28:46 am »
The HP printer software suite was doing this to us as well, we removed all of the HP software except for the drivers and it fixed the issue. There are others than just Bonjour that cause this issue. Of course you've already figured that out.

epjls

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 09:32:33 am »
Thanks. It did turn out to be the HP printer stuff he had installed. Originally he had removed this when he had the problem but there were still some entries in the registry that had to be cleaned out. I ended up searching the registry for the 192.168.1.100 route that was being built and removed the statements from there. Problem solved!

torpid

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 06:12:10 pm »
Hi epjls,

I've a user with the same issue. The problem didn't start until he had an all in one hp printer installed. No bonjour and no apparent other reason for the disconnect with the same time intervals. Can you provide some insight on what you found in the registry, where, and removed?

Thanks

Thanks. It did turn out to be the HP printer stuff he had installed. Originally he had removed this when he had the problem but there were still some entries in the registry that had to be cleaned out. I ended up searching the registry for the 192.168.1.100 route that was being built and removed the statements from there. Problem solved!

epjls

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 07:52:29 pm »
check the debuglog.log and it should indicate a conflicting route is being added. In my case the route that was being added was 192.168.1.100 which was the printer address. The user had already uninstalled the printer to try to resolve it but it still disconnected. I went into regedit and searched for 192.168.1.100 and removed any entries still tied to that address.

ThomasHarlan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2016, 09:24:37 pm »
Today I tried a different approach to resolving the issue of the HP driver interfering with the Network Connect VPN:

1.   I re-installed the HP printer and made sure it was working.
2.   I went in and un-installed HP Update, HP Device Discovery, HP Product Center from Control Panel.
3.   Confirmed printer was still printing…
4.   Did a registry cleanup with CCleaner just to make sure the un-installs had not left unwanted stuff around.
5.   Went into Control Panel > Print Management > All Printers > Selected the HP Printer > right-click > Pause Printing
6.   Connected via VPN and then Network Connect. Worked without disconnects!
7.   Then you go un-Pause printing when you’re done and you can print again without un-install/re-install.

Try that out and let me know if it works for you, too.