Author Topic: creating a link-aggregation between ex4200 and 3com 5500  (Read 5774 times)

sarathharidas99

• View Profile
creating a link-aggregation between ex4200 and 3com 5500
« on: August 14, 2009, 06:39:03 am »
I have a ex4200 virtual chassis closet with two switches acting as master and backup. Now i have to create link aggregation between this ex4200 switch and 3com 5500 switch with lacp enabled. I have already tried this link-aggregation setup between the same ex4200 and a cisco catalyst 3560g and it works fine. But the same setup done with the 5500 doesn't seem to work. I have not made any changes to the configuration on the ex4200 switch configuration. Can some one confirm if we need to make some changes to adapt to 3com.The configuration on my ex4200 is attached along with this. I have enabled dynamic lacp in the 3com switch. I also changed the lacp in ex4200 from active to passive, but with no results. I can see the physical link up in the 3com side, but not in the juniper side.

Please help me asap since this is a production setup.

Thanks in Advance....

sarathharidas99

• View Profile
Re: creating a link-aggregation between ex4200 and 3com 5500
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 11:23:45 am »
I have managed to bring up the link-aggregation between the ex4200 and 3com 5500. But the switch over is not working as expected. The connection works only when the master is up. I am attaching the configuration on the ex4200. We have a virtual chassis stack of 2 switches. In this link aggregation is configured between interfaces ge-0/0/2 and ge-1/0/2. Link name is ae0. The same setup worked fine with cisco switches.I have created a vlan interface 4011 in the switch. The ip configured for that itself is not reachable. It says 'no route to host'.
The show interface terse command also shows that the interface is down. But i can see physical link on the 3com switch side and there the ports status says up. I have attached those command logs also.

Can any body please check this and help me?  :-(

bacardi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 05:34:47 am »
Hi!

I just read the thread, because I'm in exactly the same situation now - need to connect 3com 5500 with EX-VC via LACP-Aggregated links.
First, I would like to ask you to post / mail me the 3com-config as well as I don't know anything about 3coms.
If anything changed in the EX-config since your last post regarding the lacp-stuff, please post the ex config again as well.

Second, I'd like to know, if you have sorted out your switchover-problem.

Thanks in advance

Kai

biboyeli

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 07:22:33 pm »
Hello All,

Im not sure if you guys had it working already but what you can look at is on the 3Com switch make sure that command:

link-aggregation group 1 mode

is set to static instead of manual. This will configure it LACP

Thanks