Author Topic: nc.windows.app.23711 - route table changed, disconnecting - no "Bonjour" running  (Read 43926 times)

brmurphy

• View Profile
I asked for the bug ID from the tech assigned to my ticket and I he replied with

"The PR ID is 58053"

ahd71

• View Profile
brmurphy: Did you get a Bug ID?

ahd71

• View Profile
sorry, just read the first page pf the thread

brmurphy

• View Profile
Released Today R.0R7

9. CS NC Fixed an issue with Network connect getting disconnected on Mac when the NC IP Pool
falls inside any network specified in the Split Tunneling and Route change monitor is enabled.
(58053)

ahd71

• View Profile
Finally, i know why we get a lots of 23711. When WiFi signal strength changes the routing metric also changes causing this behavior in Vista (with XP it doesn't change metric or me).
This only happend if Split Tunneling is disabled and route monitoring is active.

Juniper has developed a new release of NC to address this issue which not yet is released.

BR / ahd71

rdit

• View Profile
but those releases require to shut down the cluster und upgrade each device manually, right? hmm, that causes problems on our users notebooks, cause new releases are changing the file information, so the client-firewall does not know the new file and denies the access...that sucks

ahd71

• View Profile
yes, correct ;-(

mrOakleaf

• View Profile
I work for a company with about 1000 users, and we are having the same problem. Vista keep disconnecting at random when using wireless and NC 6.2.

Is there any progress with this? Whats going on?  :-(

ahd71

• View Profile
Re: nc.windows.app.23711 - route table changed, disconnecting - no "Bonjour" run
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 04:53:26 pm »
Hi,

No *public* releases yet as I know about that addresses this issue.

The problem with error 23711 i'm referring happends only when using route monitoring in the IVE and using NC with Windows Vista and WiFi when signal strength changes and passing specific thresholds causing Vistas ip stack to change the route metric which fires the route monitoring which disconnects the tunnel....

BR /ahd71

mrOakleaf

• View Profile
Ok, I had a sitdown with a few fellas from Lenovo the other day and we have solved the problem.
Its the 12.x Intel driver thats causing it on our 4965AGN wireless adapters. We used a 11.x version that was 1.5 years old, and the problem went away. The metric with the 12.x driver keep changing from 40 -> 30 -> 25 depending on signal strength, while with the older one its stable at 25.

Hope this helps. =)

ahd71

• View Profile
Re: nc.windows.app.23711 - route table changed, disconnecting - no "Bonjour" run
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2008, 12:50:47 pm »
Hi,

Interesting, i have Windows Vista and Intel WiFi 4965AGN with driver release 11.5.1.15 and the routing metric keeps changing between 281 and 286 when the signal strength changes.
I guess you have XP as you have a metric of 25?

BR / Ahd

mrOakleaf

• View Profile
I was a bit fast on saying 11.x worked. We are using 11.1.0.86 on Windows Vista and that one is working with a solid metric of 25. (or atleast it have so far)

11.5 Doesnt work when I tested it.. metric change. VPN disconnect in seconds to few mins.
12.0 (latest) doesnt work, metric change. Same deal.

The 11.1 driver is 1.5 years old, so its a bit odd that none have fixed this. The Intel 4965AGN aint exactly an exotic network card.

ahd71

• View Profile
Hi,

Intresting that the driver release of the network card makes a different, which make it even more hard to troubleshoot this behaviour.

I would say that the correct behaviour is that the metric SHOULD change if speed changes, but the way the route monitoring function in the IVE is currently implemented it trigs on this behaviour with a "false positive" which isn't acceptable from a user perspective. Juniper are aware of this and a private workaround exist but so far no public availible workaround.

BR / ahd71

rdit

• View Profile
so what is that private workaround?

ahd71

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 03:44:44 am »
non public hotfix from juniper, but will be public availible in upcoming official releases...

BR / ahd71

rdit

• View Profile
which is bad, cause we cant just update the whole system. about 700 notebookusers' clientfirewalls wont allow access after upgrade. GREAT

ahd71

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2008, 03:29:23 am »
Which client firewall are you using? I guess that you can allow NC to be accepted even during upgrades if configured correctly.

BR / Ahd71

dustman9000

• View Profile
I just downgraded my Intel WiFi Link 4965AGN from 11.5 to 11.1 and it seems to have done the trick!  Thanks for the tip, this has been such a pain in the ass.

FYI, I'm running Vista 64 Home Premium.

rdit

• View Profile
@ahd71: symantec client fw. it just does not accept the changed md5 checksum of the new file (NC, HC).

cmcnamee

• View Profile
I know this thread has been dead for a while, but I'm hoping some of you all might have any pointers for me.

I've run into several several Windows XP SP3 machines and running into the same issue, however none of these machines have Wireless cards on them.    From the logs, I see this each time the 23711 error is thrown:
"'rmon' Unauthorized new route to 192.168.1.50/192.168.1.52 has been added (conflicts with our route to 0.0.0.0), disconnecting"

We're runing v6.3.0 and from what I'm told we won't be upgrading to 6.4 anytime soon.