Author Topic: How to 'open' ports & forward the IP address on a Netscreen 25?  (Read 2991 times)

rs3008

• View Profile
Hi, I have a Netscreen 25 & would like to 'open' certain ports & IP addresses in order for the application router to work. Kindly guide on how to configure. Appreciate your assistance.

firewall72

• View Profile
Re: How to 'open' ports & forward the IP address on a Netscreen 25?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 06:23:45 pm »
Hello,

I'm guessing you are looking to forward inbound traffic to internal hosts?  If so, you could configure either a VIP or MIP.  If you use a VIP (many to one NAT), you could map a single IP to different ports to the same internal host.  If you use a MIP, you can map an external IP to an internal IP (one to one).  Once you setup the MIP/VIP, you can create a Policy from Untrust to Trust.  Just make sure you have the correct address and service objects defined.  Let me know.

Rgds,

John
John Judge
JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIA-IDP, JNCIA-JUNOS

khanhunk81

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 04:52:23 am »
but how to open the ports please tell the procedure ,Thanks in Advance

firewall72

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 06:15:36 am »
Hi,

If you are using the WebUI, go to your Interfaces and click on one.  At the top you will see the features I previously mentioned.  The procedure involves configuring the proper MIP or VIP and then adding a policy.  More detailed instructions are in the C&E guide on the Juniper site.

Rgds,

John
John Judge
JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIA-IDP, JNCIA-JUNOS