Poll

What Features would you like to see on this site?

Knowledgebase
6 (24%)
Wiki (user administered knowledgebase, or whatever everyone makes of it)
15 (60%)
Integrated Chat
2 (8%)
Excessive usage of the <blink> tag and an ugly background
1 (4%)
Other (describe below)
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Poll: Site Features  (Read 9355 times)

signal15

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JuniperForum.com
Poll: Site Features
« on: March 20, 2006, 10:33:24 pm »
Tell me what you guys want!

mwdmeyer

• View Profile
    • Bluetrait
Re: Poll: Site Features
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 10:51:24 pm »
Wiki sounds like the best idea. Documentation for the netscreens can be hard at times, a wiki would be good.

chumpmasterg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 04:46:42 pm »
Not a bad idea.
-Munpe Q

signal15

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JuniperForum.com
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 12:01:39 pm »
Has anyone used the Auth_SMF.php plugin for MediaWiki?  I've got a test Wiki up, but I cannot get it to work with this.  There are two versions of this plugin, and one version will allow you to have the Wiki database separate from the SMF database.  This is what I'm doing, but even after entering in my data for db connections, it flakes out.

sebastan_bach

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 06:57:24 am »
hi i would like to see the integrated chat section in here. where the online logged in users can chat with each other . i think that will be a real cool feature in here. see ya

regards

sebastan

signal15

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JuniperForum.com
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 02:33:12 pm »
I may consider this, but I've been unhappy the way forums integrate chat as it relies upon a meta refresh for the content to come up.  I may just set up an IRC server and provide a link to a java applet that connects to the correct channel.  Besides Sebastian_bach, would anyone actually use this? 

Another benefit of IRC is that some people like to camp out on IRC all day, so they could connect with their regular client.

sebastan_bach

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 02:53:49 am »
hi signal thanks for ur thoughts for integrating it . i would still say having i on the website it's much better than a irc cause many people don;t use irc . it u can integrate in the forum itself it will be really great  just like in gmail chat it's wonderful.hopeto see this feature very soon. see ya

regards

sebastan

tasm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 01:06:04 pm »
I would be happy with a Wiki, Juniper provides a KB, too, I think that's enough.

signal15

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JuniperForum.com
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 04:14:19 pm »
I am considering doing a Wiki, but I want something that integrates with the authentication mechanism in the rest of the site. If I hack something together, it makes it very difficult when I have to do upgrades.

Naveen Dhar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 02:05:31 am »
Hi Signal15,

Thought of sharing an idea with you.. We have so many topics under different headings that have good research outcomes of customised setup using firewalls.. where the Juniper TAC would answer back saying we don't support customized configurations...

Why can't we have a heading as Customized NetScreen firewall setups where we post and keep articles that provide information about different successful and running setups that were discussed in forum.

There are so many ways a NetScreen can be deployed, such working scenarios which are not supported by JTAC would be help to a lot of people who visit this site.

I hope u find the idea interesting..

Thanks & Regards,
Naveen Dhar.
Thanks & Regards,
Naveen Dhar
RSA Secure-ID CSE, JNCIA-JUNOS,
JNCIA-IDP, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIP-SEC
HIC Network Security Solutions LLC
New York City -  www.hicnetworks.com

signal15

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JuniperForum.com
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 06:29:44 pm »
Hi Signal15,

Thought of sharing an idea with you.. We have so many topics under different headings that have good research outcomes of customised setup using firewalls.. where the Juniper TAC would answer back saying we don't support customized configurations...

Why can't we have a heading as Customized NetScreen firewall setups where we post and keep articles that provide information about different successful and running setups that were discussed in forum.

There are so many ways a NetScreen can be deployed, such working scenarios which are not supported by JTAC would be help to a lot of people who visit this site.

Thanks & Regards,
Naveen Dhar.

I would like put things like this into the Knowledgebase section on the site.  If you see something that should be in there, send it to me.  Better yet, format into an article and I will post it.  :)

ScottDennis

• View Profile
    • Bullfrog Host $3.95/month. #1 Ranked Website Hosting Provider - Web Hosting - Domain Hosting - Bullfrog Host - PHP Hosting - Frontpage Hosting - E-Commerce Web Hosting Provider
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 08:40:57 am »
I like Naveen's Idea but would like to go on further and have it so we can add stuff without having to send it to an forum Admin.  I vote for a Wiki

Best regards,
Scott Dennis
JNCIA-IDP, JNCIA-FWV, JNCIS-FWV, JNCIA-ER, JNCIS-ER