Author Topic: ex2200 Help  (Read 1182 times)

xvzxvz

• View Profile
ex2200 Help
« on: March 08, 2016, 03:42:41 pm »
Hello all.

I have recently got hold of a used ex2200.  I have been talking to juniper to get it changed into my name but i am currently waiting for them.

I have a problem though that when i plug in the switch it does not power on.  the only way it will power on is when i plug a usb cable into it from the computer.  Once this is in it boots straight up.   If i have a console cable in i can see it boot but when it comes time to log in it is not accepting keyboard entries.  I think this is from the usb serial adaptor so i am going to try another with a serial port to try and confirm this.

Any ideas on why it would boot only when the usb is in?  And how would i fix this?

Thanks.

xvzxvz

• View Profile
Re: ex2200 Help
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 07:39:33 am »
Hello again.

I have now been able to gain access through the cli but i now have another message.

Warning:  This device has booted from the backup junos image.  It ask me to reinstall junos.

I can not download it as it says i need to log in but as it was a used unit i am unable to register and juniper has not been very helpful so far.  Is there anything else i can do to get this sorted?