Author Topic: Outlook + WSAM : Offline Address Book download fails  (Read 1169 times)

tibz

• View Profile
Outlook + WSAM : Offline Address Book download fails
« on: August 02, 2011, 06:03:17 am »
Hello,

Can anyone confirm that it's possible to download the offline address book in outlook through WSAM ?

We are using version 6.3 and the flow is as follow:
Outlook Client + WSAM => Juniper SA => CP Firewall => Cisco ACE (loadbalancer) => CAS Server (Client Access Server)

WSAM is configured to tunnel Outlook.exe, CP firewall is opened, packets arrive to Cisco ACE and then to the server. Some packets goes back to the SA but after few packets the connection is reset at TCP level (RST). This reset is initiated by the CAS Server. However when in the LAN or in Network Connect (going through the same ACE and CAS server), the download of the address book works correctly.

The function using the same flow/server/request type are Out of Office message and Free/Busy when scheduling a meeting. They both works even in WSAM. Only when trying to download the offline address books it remains blocked on "Offline address book is connecting to Microsoft Exchange" and it never ends...

If anyone has suggestion or could confirm that it works for him...

Thanks

guiv1

• View Profile
Re: Outlook + WSAM : Offline Address Book download fails
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 03:37:04 pm »
Have you found a fix on this? I experience the exact same issue...

tibz

• View Profile
Re: Outlook + WSAM : Offline Address Book download fails
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 01:55:31 am »
I'm afraid, I havent found a fix. The customer since then migrated to another appliance (provider) which is running another version. I dont even know if it's working for them now.
However the issue might belong to the version, WSAM had a couple of "unstability/freeze" issues in 6.3