Author Topic: EX4200 transport VLAN  (Read 2984 times)

vikingo

• View Profile
EX4200 transport VLAN
« on: June 01, 2012, 08:44:21 am »
Hi, I am new al juniper and I have some issues, for example, a simple thing I could do in cisco, transport vlans between sw

I get 10 VC, one of this virtual chassis, is the core, where are the vlans created.

Then I have one VC with many vlans, BUT I need to get this VC to "see" one more vlan, created on switch core, my questions is, how do I get this VC to see this vlan ?

I can create it from GUI, but how do I get it trunked?

thanks

MarioVerhaeg

• View Profile
Re: EX4200 transport VLAN
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 04:46:46 am »
I don't really understand your question, can you make a drawing of some sort to explain? We are using a lot of transport vlans in Junos, so it's possible...

gr,
Mario

vikingo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 01:38:34 pm »
Thanks for your reply
I have ten VC, I need to create some vlanas Layer2 and some layer 3 in oprder to "see" every theing, meaning, when I create a layer 2 vlan, it only sees a boradcast domain inside this vlan and can not see other vlans, so i NEEDto create some"transport" in layer 3 so I can see the other vlanas, and that is the questios, how I am supposed to create a layer 3 vlan tham can be seen from everiwhere? I think I am havng some problem with RVI, thanks.

MarioVerhaeg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 02:26:21 pm »
Okay, first you need to take a look at the OSI model:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model

There you can see that:

Layer2: MAC adresses, VLANs, etc... (link layer)
Layer3: IP (Protocol)

So you can use Layer3 inside Layer2, in other words, you can create an RVI inside a vlan. If you create two vlans (two seperate broadcast domains) and you want to communicate between them you need to route between those vlans. Is this what you want?