Author Topic: Switch not propagate DHCPv6 Solicit message  (Read 4330 times)

alopez

• View Profile
Switch not propagate DHCPv6 Solicit message
« on: October 06, 2010, 04:07:42 am »
Hello,

I have a Juniper EX3200 switch. A client connected to this switch asks for a DHCPv6 Server sending a DHCPv6 Solicit packet to the multicast address ff02::1:2. I can see the packet in the input interface (port mirror + wireshark)  but I can't see it in the output interface (trunk connected to another switch where the DHCPv6 server is connected). Could you tell me what is happening or how I can debug this problem (see what is happening to the DHCPv6 Solicit packets?)

Thanks in advance

alopez

• View Profile
Re: Switch not propagate DHCPv6 Solicit message
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 05:46:08 am »
Extra information:
   I have done a monitor interface ge-(interfice client) and I see that input multicast packets and ouput multicast packets increase acording to the DHCPv6 Solicit packet. But packets are not seen through trunk interface. If I configure the client interface with and IP, I can do ping to the server and I see the packets. I don't have the firewall active

netice

• View Profile
Re: Switch not propagate DHCPv6 Solicit message
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 10:21:19 am »
Same problem here on EX2200 and EX4200. Unfortunately monitor is not supported on those devices (Junos 10.4) so I can't really verify that DHCPv6 Solicit packets are not forwarded to the trunk.
Firewall is not activated on multicast traffic.